Thursday, 26 January 2017

Day and Night Photos of Leamington Spa Railway Station Platform Sign

Photo of Old Leamington Spa former Great Western Railway platform sign surrounded by a myriad of station flowers
Photo: Charles Moorhen


I visited Leamington Spa railway station a few summers ago on a spotting/photography session, and couldn't resist taking this picture of the platform sign surrounded as it was by a fantastic variety of colourful flowers.


It was a pleasant encounter to discover an old-fashioned wooden platform sign such as this - which for me brought back memories of the days of smoke, steam and whistles; the waving of green flags and the morning milk train - when compared to the plain, bland metal platform signs that are so numerous at stations across the UK now.

During the summer of 2016 I once again visited Leamington Spa station, this time during the evening.  During a break in the railway traffic, where I captured a number of diesel multiple unit images, I decided to photograph the same sign again; this time with a tripod and a long exposure.

After a few trial exposures I believed that I'd got it right, and back at home I was pleased when I compared the two images on the computer.

I hope that as a new or regular blog visitor you will also enjoy them.



Night Photo of former Great Western Railway platform sign in a station garden environment
Photo: Charles Moorhen



For full list of 'Along These Tracks' posts, please see Railway Blog Previous Posts in right-hand column at edge of page.


Thank you for visiting 'Along These Tracks' and I hope you enjoyed the post.  You may also like to visit my YouTube channel which features a number of railway videos.  
Simply click HERE.


You may also wish to visit my other blog, 'Pen To Paper', which contains interesting posts on a wide variety of subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo of Class 67017 Arrow Diesel Locomotive at Leamington Spa

Class67017 , seen here in EWS livery, hauling a Chiltern Railways train, was photographed at Leamington Spa station . A number ...