.post img { border:5px inset #d2d2d2; padding:2px; }

Translate 'Along These Tracks' Railway Photo Blog Posts For Your Chosen Language

'Along These Tracks' Railway Blog Posts

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Four GBRf Class 66 Diesel Locos Through Wellingborough 2014 Photos

"Four Class 66 locomotives came along as I was about to go home"


I was at the 'London' end of platform two Wellingborough station on the 27th June 2014.  Leaning on a section of white wooden platform fencing I gazed across the nearby countryside, trying to decide whether or not to make tracks (no pun intended) for home. Then, a flicker of movement off to my left caught my attention.  
 

Looking up I saw a Class 66 diesel locomotive creeping along the freight-only line towards me.  "This will do" I thought.  "I'll grab a photo of this and then head home. 
 

photo of gbrf freight locomotive class 66717 at wellingborough 2014
GBRf Class 66717 Wellingborough           
Photo: Charles Moorhen


However, loco, GBRf  Class 66717 'Good Ol' Boy'' came closer, I realised that it was not on its own.  It was, or so I believed, double-heading with GBRf Class 66729 'Derby County'.

Great! I thought.  A good photo to end the day with.  
 
But there was more to come.
 



photo of gbrf railfreight diesel locomotive 66729 at wellingborough
        GBRf  Class 66729  Wellingborough            
Photo: Charles Moorhen


In the middle of what I soon discovered was a fairly long train, GBRf Class 66738 'HUDDERSFIELD TOWN' was now passing in front of me.  "This has to be a it" I said aloud to myself.  
 
As there is a bend in the track at that location I did not have a clear view.
 


photo of gbrf railfreight class 66738 diesel locomotive at wellingborough
   GBRf Class 66738 Wellingborough       
Photo: Charles Moorhen


Lo and behold there was still one more Class 66 to come.  The tail-end-Charlie turned out to be, Class 66731 'Interhub GB'.


photo of gbrf railfreight class 66736 diesel locomotive at wellingborough
GBRf Class 66731 Wellingborough     
Photo: Charles Moorhen


In my excitement to capture all four locos, I was sure that I'd hurried the whole thing and the images would not be as good as I hoped.  

However, seeing them on the PC monitor later, I was glad that 
I'd decided to hang on at Wellingborough station for those extra few minutes.


Don't forget to subscribe to  'Along These Tracks' to get all new posts and updates sent directly to you.


Blog update:

Previous photo posts are now easier to find.  

All blog posts are now listed alphabetically on the right side of your screen; under the heading, 'Previous Photo Posts'.


"I hope this makes your search easier".



No comments:

Post a Comment

'Along These Tracks' Featured Post of Over 200 Images

Class 387115, 387123, 387124 Thameslink Trains Bedford 2015

  Class 387115 Thameslink Trains EMU Bedford 2015        Photo: Charles Moorhen     C lass 387123 Thameslink Trains EMU & Class 222023 D...

'Along These Tracks' Popular Photo Posts