Saturday, 4 March 2017

EWS Class 66005 Locomotive Night Photo at Wellingborough

Class 66 Locomotives at Night


Night photo of Diesel Locomotive Class 66005 in EWS livery waits for the all-clear on the freight line at Wellingborough station in 2016
EWS Class 66005         Photo: Charles Moorhen


 EWS Class 66005 Strikes A Colourful Pose



While carrying out some night photography at Wellingborough railway station - trying to record some of its interesting architecture, I happened to be at one point in the evening's activities at the northern end of the station taking the opportunity to photograph East Midlands Trains DMU Class 222002.



As I did so I noticed out of the corner of my eye diesel locomotive EWS Class 66005 slowly coming into the station heading north on the freight-only line.  

Knowing I had no chance of taking a night photo of a moving Class 66 locomotive using a long exposure, I was satisfied to simply jot down the number, pick up my tripod/camera and go back to taking night photos of the station when, lo and behold, DMU Class 222002 pulled out and there stood diesel locomotive Class 66005 - one of 455 in operation - in a perfect pose.

I hoped and prayed that it would not move before I had a chance to set up the camera again and hit the shutter button.

As well as the above I also captured one more train that night during my night photography session - East Midlands Trains Class 43066 paused before continuing on to London St. Pancras.

If you would like to see more photos from the Wellingborough railway station night photography session, please click here.



Other Class 66 locomotive blog posts you may wish to see:

Class 66013 and 66502 Pause at Night at Rugby Railway Station


Class 66136 Through Northampton To Form Silk Road Train


Class 66761 Locomotive Named In Ceremony at Wensleydale Railway


Freightliner Diesel Locomotive 66528 Named After 86 Year-Old Veteran Railway Campaigner Madge Elliot MBE



For full list of 'Along These Tracks' posts, please see Railway Blog Previous Posts in right-hand column at edge of page.


You may also wish to visit my other blog, 'Pen To Paper', which contains interesting posts on a wide variety of subjects.





2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon. Quality Shop Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment; I'm glad you liked it. I hope to be adding similar posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Class 67s 'Royal Sovereign' and 'Diamond Jubilee' Locos Northampton

During the reconstruction of Northampton's railway station in 2014, I decided to take a trip there on the 24th June to see how thing...